Open Enrollment 2020
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is the time of year where you can select a new plan or renew your existing health coverage. Check out the important dates and information below to help you get started.
November 1, 2020
Open Enrollment begins!
December 23, 2020
Deadline to pick and pay to ensure coverage is active by January 1, 2021 and avoid a delay in receiving your ID cards.
December 31, 2020
This is the very last day to pick and pay for coverage that begins January 2021. Your ID cards will be delayed.
January 23, 2021
Open Enrollment ends — this is your very last day to pick and pay for 2021 health coverage. Coverage purchased in January will be effective on February 1, 2021.
Health insurance is required in Rhode Island. Sign up today to avoid a tax penalty later.
Get Help Enrolling
There’s more than one way to get help signing up for health coverage.
- Call 1-855-840-4774
- Use our live web chat (available in English and Spanish).
- Attend one of our virtual enrollment events.
- Call 211 to make an appointment for 1-on-1 assistance with a Navigator near you. Click here to find a Navigator near you.
During Open Enrollment, our call center and live web chat are available Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm and Saturdays 9am – 12pm. Navigators are available throughout the state to help you with enrolling in a new plan or renewing your existing health coverage.
Limited In-Person Help at Walk-In Center
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, HealthSource RI encourages you to use our live web chat or call our customer contact center. If you would prefer in-person assistance, our Walk-In Center is open by appointment only.
We have enacted standard preventative measures to try to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep you safe. However, when considering whether you would like an in-person appointment, please remember that COVID-19 is spread mainly through person-to-person contact. We recommend that you use web chat or self-service options if at all possible. We are also available to assist you via phone, and we look forward to helping you.
If you are interested in an in-person appointment, please note the following:
- Once you have scheduled an appointment, we will call you a day before your appointment to conduct a health screening.
- Due to safety regulations and proper social distancing, no more than two people will be allowed per visit (customer and one guest).
- Anyone entering the HealthSource RI Walk-In Center MUST WEAR A FACE MASK. Please note that other face coverings ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Please do not arrive at the Walk-In Center earlier than your confirmed appointment time. Due to COVID-19, we are unable to accommodate more than 2 customers in our lobby at a time.
- Once you arrive for your scheduled appointment time, please wait in the parking lot and call 401-824-1457 for instructions on entering the building. Please maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing while waiting.
Please follow the steps above to keep yourself and others safe. To schedule an appointment at the HealthSource RI office at 401 Wampanoag Trail in East Providence, click here.
HealthSource RI connects you with health and dental insurance from these companies: