HealthSource RI’s Response to COVID-19
We’re Here to Help!
HealthSource RI is ready to help Rhode Islanders during this challenging time. See below for a variety of ways to get the help you need:
- Use the chat function on our website. Live chat is available Monday – Friday, 8 am – 6 pm.
- If you are currently a customer, you can log-in to your secure account to report a change, upload a document or make a payment
- If you need to sign up for coverage as a new customer, click here to enroll.
- Call us at 1-855-840-4774. Our hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am – 6 pm.
If you need to drop off a document or payment, put them in the secure lock box inside the entryway of the HealthSource RI Walk-In Center at 401 Wampanoag Trail in East Providence, RI.
Special Enrollment Period for Job Loss/Loss of Health Coverage
Did you know that HealthSource RI lets you sign up for coverage any time you have a life changing event that affects your health insurance?
If you recently lost your job and your health coverage, you can sign up for insurance through HealthSource RI. We’re your only source for tax credits to reduce the cost of your health insurance. Depending on your current income, you might even qualify for coverage at no cost to you through Medicaid.
You may also be able to enroll now if you got or were approved to get unemployment compensation in 2021.
Here’s how to get started:
- Compare plans and get a quick quote in less than 5 minutes using our Savings Tool
- Visit healthsourceri.com and enroll online
- Call us Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm at 1-855-840-4774
Check out our job loss fact sheet to learn more. You may also qualify to sign up for coverage through HealthSource RI if you recently moved to the state, got married, had a baby, or experienced other life changing events. Click here to learn more.
Report Income Changes Through Your HealthSource RI Account
If you or someone in your household has experienced a change in income or employment, you might qualify to pay less for your health coverage. In some cases, you may qualify for coverage at no cost to you through Medicaid.
Please login to your secure HSRI account to report these changes as soon as possible. Here are the steps to report a change:
- Login to your account (if you’re locked out of your account, you can use our web chat service to unlock it)
- Scroll down until you see a blue button that says “Report a Change”
- Click “Next”
- Scroll down to “Employment and Income Status” and press “Edit” under your income
- After you’ve made your changes, press “Next” and scroll all the way through to the end and resubmit your application.
Click here to login to your secure HSRI account.
During these uncertain times, it’s important to have the most accurate, up-to-date information. Here are some frequently updated sources with the latest information on COVID-19 and Rhode Island’s response:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The State of Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH)
- Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner (OHIC)’s COVID-19 FAQs in English and Spanish
If you need information about how your health insurance plan is responding to the Coronavirus, please use the following links or contact your insurance company directly:
Protections for Medicaid Customers
In most cases, if you had no cost health coverage through Medicaid on March 18, 2020, your coverage will not change, even if your income has increased, or your Medicaid was up for renewal.
The only cases where your Medicaid might end are if you ask to stop receiving Medicaid or you leave the state. Medicaid members will not lose coverage or have a decrease in benefits for any other reason.
You will keep your coverage even if you saw a message in your account or received paper notices that your coverage is ending after March 18, 2020. At this time, you do not have to send in any paperwork to keep your coverage.
Paying Your HSRI Bill at CVS
You can pay your HealthSource RI bill at a CVS Pharmacy(R) without going into the store. Pay your HealthSource RI bill using the drive-thru window! Just bring your invoice barcode page and pay using a credit/debit card or cash.
Limited In-Person Help at Walk-In Center
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, HealthSource RI encourages you to use our live web chat or call our customer contact center. If you would prefer in-person assistance, our Walk-In Center is open by appointment only..
We have enacted standard preventative measures to try to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep you safe. However, when considering whether you would like an in-person appointment, please remember that COVID-19 is spread mainly through person-to-person contact. We recommend that you use web chat or self-service options if at all possible. We are also available to assist you via phone, and we look forward to helping you.
If you are interested in an in-person appointment, please note the following:
- Once you have scheduled an appointment, we will call you a day before your appointment to conduct a health screening.
- Due to safety regulations and proper social distancing, no more than two people will be allowed per visit (customer and one guest).
- Anyone entering the HealthSource RI Walk-In Center MUST WEAR A FACE MASK. Please note that other face coverings ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Please do not arrive at the Walk-In Center earlier than your confirmed appointment time. Due to COVID-19, we are unable to accommodate more than 2 customers in our lobby at a time.
- Once you arrive for your scheduled appointment time, please wait in the parking lot and call 401-824-1457 for instructions on entering the building. Please maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing while waiting.
Please follow the steps above to keep yourself and others safe. To schedule an appointment at the HealthSource RI office at 401 Wampanoag Trail in East Providence, click here.
Delay in HealthSource RI Appeals
HealthSource RI will temporarily delay scheduling non-expedited appeal hearings and issuing hearing decisions during the COVID-19 declaration of emergency for 60 days or until the termination of the COVID 19 declaration of emergency, whichever is longer. All expedited hearings will be scheduled and heard telephonically.
HealthSource RI connects you with health and dental insurance from these companies: