Who We Are
HealthSource RI was created because buying health insurance is complicated. It’s our job to cut through the confusion and connect Rhode Islanders with affordable, high quality coverage.
We are the state’s official marketplace for health insurance coverage. That means we’re your only source for getting tax credits to lower the cost of your health insurance. If you don’t get affordable health insurance through a job or a family member, you can count on us to connect you with coverage that meets your needs and your budget.
We also offer flexible health insurance options for small businesses.
Since we opened our doors in 2013, we’ve cut the uninsured rate by two-third, and today, 96% of RI has health coverage.
HealthSource RI was created in 2013 as a part of the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, sometimes referred to as Obamacare. HealthSource RI is one of 12 state-based health insurance marketplaces. That means that Rhode Islanders who want to shop for health insurance and see if they qualify for financial help come to us, not Healthcare.gov. For more information about the Affordable care Act and health insurance marketplaces, click here.
Lindsay Lang, Director
John Cucco, Chief of Staff
Katie Hall, Director of Policy and Applied Research
Benjamin Gagliardi, General Counsel
Matt Goupil, Chief Operating Officer
Christina O’Reilly, Communications Director
Allison Shippee, Chief Financial Officer
Estephany Jacinto, ID Card Administrator
Address: One Capitol Hill, 3rd Floor, Providence, RI 02908
Phone Number: 401-574-8211
HealthSource RI’s advisory board is appointed by the Director of the Department of Administration. Members are appointed to reflect a range and diversity of skills, backgrounds and stakeholder perspectives.
- Melissa Studzinski – Board Chair, Merryfield, PBC
- Caleb Borchers, The Feast Church
- Linda Katz, Economic Progress Institute (Retired)
- Mark Kolligian, CVS (Retired)
- Sonia Millsom, Oxeon
- Jamie Moran, Provider Group
- Isabel Rodriguez, Capital Good Fund
- Don Wineberg, Chace, Ruttenberg & Freedman, LLP
- William Wray, Washington Trust Company
Market Stability Workgroup
HealthSource RI and the Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner established the Market Stability Workgroup charged with determining state-level solutions to keep Rhode Island’s health insurance markets stable. Three Guiding Principles were determined for the group:
- Sustain a balanced risk pool;
- Maintain a market that is attractive to carriers, consumers and providers; and
- Protect coverage gains achieved under the Affordable Care Act.
To learn more about the Workgroup and view meeting materials click here.
- Cristina Amedeo, Managing Director of UW 2-1-1 & The POINT, United Way of Rhode Island
- Stephen Boyle, Chair of RI’s Health Insurance Advisory Council and President of the Greater Cranston Chamber of Commerce
- David Burnett, Chief Growth Officer, NHPRI
- Jane Hayward, President & Chief Executive Officer, Rhode Island Health Center Association
- Janet Raymond, Senior Vice President of Economic Development and Operations, Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
- Joshua Miller, Senator, Chair of the Senate Committee on Health and Human Services
- Larry Warner, MPH, Strategic Initiative Officer, Rhode Island Foundation
- Peter Hollmann, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Brown Medicine
- Ralph Coppola, Senior Advisor, Meridien Financial Group
- Samuel Salganik, Attorney and Health Policy Analyst, Rhode Island Parent Information Network, Inc.
- Susan Storti, PhD, RN, President & Chief Executive Officer, Substance Use and Mental Health Leadership Council of Rhode Island
- Teresa Paiva Weed, President, Hospital Association of Rhode Island
Note: Representative Joseph McNamara and Representative Mia Ackerman are also members of the Market Stability Workgroup, however, for reasons due to scheduling challenges, were unable to participate.
HealthSource RI connects you with health and dental insurance from these companies: