- This event has passed.
Johnston Enrollment Event
June 13, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Did you know that you can sign up for health insurance any time your life changes and you need health insurance?
If you think any of the below scenarios apply to you, join us at the Mariam J Mohr Library to get help signing up for coverage for 2019. The open enrollment period for individuals and families has ended, but you may still qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if:
- You’ve lost your health insurance from an employer: You left a job where you were provided health insurance, or were let go from a job where you received health insurance.
- Your employer changes the coverage available to you: Your employer discontinued your health insurance or changed the coverage offered and you’re allowed to terminate that plan.
- Your household size has changed: You’ve gotten married, divorced or added a new child to your family (birth, adoption foster care placement).
- You’re new to Rhode Island: You’ve just moved from out of state and don’t have access to insurance through an employer.
- Your immigration status has changed: You are now a U.S. citizen or lawfully present in the U.S.
- You’re too old to be covered by your parents: You’ve been covered on your parents’ policy, but have recently turned 26.
- You’re no longer covered by another government health insurance plan: You were covered by RIte Care/Medicaid or veterans/military coverage but you are losing that coverage.
Please note: In most cases, you have 60 days from the event to change or update your coverage.
To enroll or renew please bring for all members of your family:
- Last 4 weeks of pay stubs
- Social Security numbers
- Immigration documents
- Most recent tax return
Primary applicants should have:
- Photo ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Your HealthSource RI username and password if you’ve already created an account
- Any recent HealthSource RI or Medicaid notices that you have received