Mobile Application Privacy Notice
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Application, we collect certain information from users.
Information We Collect
In operating our Application, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our Application and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, news posts, location data, the date and time you accessed or left the Application, or received notifications.
- Information that you provide directly to us when downloading or using our Application or our website healthyrhode.ri.gov, including file information. Depending on the website you are using, the file information collected, whether or not personally identifiable, may include audio, video, and other graphic formats you send us.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and/or services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services and/or products
- To analyze statistical information about the users of our Application;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Application traffic and usage patterns; To analyze trends.
Sharing of Your Information Sharing
We do not sell, trade or give away your personal information to anyone. Additionally, we use industry-leading technologies to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide us.
Throughout this policy, we refer to information that can identify you as a specific individual, such as your name, phone number, email address, Social Security number or credit card number, as “personal information.” Further, personal information includes any information involving your health or medical status or history, or other information obtained through the application process.
- Insurance Companies, Licensed Agents/Brokers and Navigators, state and federal government (as required by law and specified below) or Administrators. If you submit an application for an insurance product offered by us or for a benefit program including but not limited to but not limited to SNAP (food stamps), Child Care Assistance, RI Works (TANF), LTSS, GPA, and SSP, then we will disclose your personal information to your chosen insurance company to process your application. If you submit an application for an insurance product offered through an insurance agent or agency, or through a navigator or other application assistor with a relationship with us, then we may share your personal information with that party for the purposes of processing your application or enrollment. Please be assured that these partners are only allowed to use your personal information to process your requested quote, application, or enrollment form and are contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to other companies that help us process or service your insurance application or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your personal information to a service provider to send you monthly bills and process payments received. Please be assured that the companies we hire to process or service your insurance application or correspond with you are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose or report your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is necessary to meet a legal obligation, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to resolve consumer disputes, or for litigation.
- We collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to process your insurance application and to serve you better.
- Registering With Us. We begin collecting personal information from you when you register with us. You may register with us through our website by entering your email address and, if you are creating an account, choosing your password. You may also register with us through our Contact Center by providing certain personal or contact information (e.g., email address, phone number, gender, date of birth) to one of our Contact Center specialists.
- Applying for Health Insurance and Other Products. If you apply for a health insurance or other products through our website, we may ask you to provide us with personal information and/or health information relating to you and any family member who will be included on your application. This information will be used by your chosen insurance company to process your application. Additionally, we may ask you to provide us with credit card or bank information, which will be used to process your application or collect any fees associated with your application or insurance premiums upon approval of your application.
- Providing you with a Quote or Processing your Application. We may use your personal information to get in touch with you when necessary to process your application or to provide you with a quote. For example, emails will be sent to you throughout the application process to inform you of the status of your application and to seek additional information that is requested as part of the application.
- Customer Satisfaction, Referrals and Other Products. We or service providers may contact you to survey your satisfaction of our service, refer our products and services to other people, and/or to inform you of additional products and services. You may opt out of receiving these additional communications from us by following the opt-out procedures below.
- Oversight and Financial Integrity. We may use and disclose your personal information to perform our required functions and for oversight, financial integrity, and quality activities.
- We gather anonymous information about you for our internal purposes, and we may share this anonymous information with third parties.
- Anonymous information is any information that does not personally identify you, including aggregate demographic information such as the number of visitors to our website from a particular state.
- We use anonymous information primarily for marketing purposes and to improve the services we offer you
We may use “Cookies”, “Clear Gifs”, “Internet Protocol” addresses and other monitoring technologies to gather anonymous information. For a more detailed discussion on cookies and clear gifs, please see below.
- We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For a more detailed discussion of the electronic safeguards on our website, please see below.
- We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect your personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
- If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you want to correct or update your contact information, you may do so through your Customer Portal account at healthyrhode.ri.gov.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Please note that once your application has been submitted to your chosen health insurance company, you may have to contact the insurance company directly to update your application.
- We will provide notice of changes in our information privacy practices.
“Cookies” and “Clear Gifs”
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, managerial and biometric (facial recognition and fingerprint authentication) procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Application.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Application, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Third Party Websites and Mobile Applications
By accessing third party websites or mobile applications through our Application, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites and mobile applications. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Effective Date: September 9, 2022
HealthSource RI connects you with health and dental insurance from these companies: